Monday, December 10, 2007

December already....




It seems that this year has flown by. Actually, it seems that the past few years have absolutely flown by.


Christmas is almost here and it doesn't feel like christmas to me. Yes, it's cold and we have our christmas tree up and our christmas lights are up. The TV won't stop running commercials about christmas offers and all of Hollywood seems to be going with the Christmas special motif. I just think that Christmas has become so commercialized. I HATE the Lexus commercials where they are trying to buy that special someone, or yourself a Lexus for Christmas. I'm sorry, but who does that??? Who has the money to just go out and buy a new car like that? Ok, if someone who has a lot of money is reading this...yes, I'd like a new car for christmas. I'd like 2000/8 Toyota Prius or Toyota Yaris. Any takers? I know that celebrities and pretty much anybody living up to their eyeballs in debt can go out and buy a car as a present but why? Isn't the whole point of christmas to be around your family and friends just enjoy time together? I think that the Christmas spirit has been lost in me, the past few Christmases I have not felt all that "Christmas-y". I wish I did, but It saddens me when I watch tv or go to the mall and people are trying to push you into buying bigger and better presents than everybody else. Why is it that the bigger or more expensive the present all of a sudden means how much you care? If you give me movie I really like and she gives me a diamond necklace, well, she cares more about me than you do because LOOK! Look at all the money she spent on me. I realize I'm being a bit of a grinch, but I just long for the days when a tonka truck or bucket of g.i. joes made you happy. Not DVD players, digital cameras, plasma tv's and lexus' made you happy.


So, alas, in my quest to regain my Christmas spirit, here is a pic of my house all lit up in lights.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Read my post! I talked about being a Grinch too, but you did a better job!! I agree with you.

Your house looks beautiful :)

Tiffany said...

It's funny, I think the exact same thing when I see those commercials. I have no idea who gets cars for Christmas but I hate that they try to push that on people. I agree that the meaning of Christmas has been lost on so many people. My family this year decided to draw names and only get one present for that person because not one of NEEDS anything. Presents aren't the meaning of Christmas, its being with my family and friends. So you and Tina aren't the only grinchs this year.