Friday, December 16, 2005

Finally!

So, get this, I have a "thing" (status unknown, don't know if it's a date or not) tomorrow afternoon. Ken and I are going to go to the movies to see The Chronicles of Narnia, the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. He called me yesterday and we made plans to go to the movies. Who knows if it's actually a date, but I'm calling it one for now. I guess I will find out when we go. If he pays, then it's a date, if he doesn't, it's a friend thing. We'll see. We talked for about 45 minutes tonight on the phone. We were talking about work, family, video games. It was kind of nice and of course I was nervous the entire time I was talking to him. I'll let ya'll know what goes on with that.

We had a pot luck at work today. Tammy's husband, Matt made these BBQ Ribs that were sooooooooooooooooooooo good. I had like 5 of them! This other guy, his name is Aigo. I'm really not sure how you spell it. But he 's Asian, he brought this fried rice that was so good. Yummy. Since I can't really cook much good stuff, I always volunteer to bring the boring stuff like chips and dip. This one girl that I work with brought some chicken and rice thing. It was interesting. We also had a gift exchange. I gave away a gift certificate
to Fandango.com I got that thing that is advertised on TV. The chocolate station thing. It looks pretty cool. But of course it's like a fondue set, and I already have one, in fact. I got it last year at our pot luck last Christmas! But whatever. This one is better. At least this one isn't used.......Yeah....The other one was used. The way we get the gifts is interesting. Everyone put their gifts on a table, then we pulled numbers from a box. There are as many numbers as there are presents, then we go through and we start picking presents numerically. Number 1 picks a present, number 2 can either pick a present or steal the one that number 1 got. And it goes on and on until you get to the last one. Now, it gets pretty interesting when you get to the middle and last numbers because people are stealing your gifts. Now, when you get a gift stolen, you can either pick another one from the table, or steal someone else's and so on. Once a gift has been stolen 3 times, it's frozen and nobody can take it from you after that. I had 2 of my gifts stolen, One of them was a stuffed animal and a blanket. Which were so cute by the way. And the other one was a pair of those homer Simpson slippers where your foot goes in homers mouth. Some of the guys are kind of asses though because one girl got a piece of candy. What a crock. After she spent $15 on a gift. I mean, it's not like $15 is a WHOLE lot of money, but it's for a gift exchange. It's supposed to be fun. I felt bad for her. Most of the guys end up getting alcohol. But anyways, that was my excitement for the day. Good excitement anyway. The rest was pretty much crap. Up until I got off work. I was at work until 6:30 on a Friday night. How much of a loser am I?

4 comments:

Christina said...

How did it go on Friday???

Jackie said...

I had fun. We went to the movies. Saw Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, then we went to dinner at Silver Peak. It was nice.

Christina said...

So was it a date?

Jackie said...

I don't know. I think it was just a friend thing for now. I'll have to tell you all the details about it later. He paid though. That's what threw me off. He paid for the movie as well as dinner.