Wednesday, November 09, 2005
ID Fiasco
So me and Jordan went apartment hunting on Saturday. I was wearing jeans and a t shirt with my blue San Francisco sweater over it. I kept having to take my ID out and give it to the people, you know, since you have to show them your id to see the models. I had just been putting it in my pocket and then on Sunday I went over to my boss Earl's house to watch their dogs for a couple of days. Well, apparently I had taken the sweater with me. I forgot about it. I was positive that I had left it at my apartment so of course I don't remember until yesterday when I went to go get some food and I tried to pay with my ATM card and they asked me for my id. I was like uh, sure, and I couldn't find it. So I'm freaking out thinking oh crap! What if I lost it getting in and out of the car and all this staff's running through my head because you know, they put EVERYTHING on those damn licenses. So my Social Security # is on it and everything. So,I'm freaking out and I turn my apartment upside down, looking for my sweater because after I had emptied out my purse and looked in my pants and everything, I was sure that it was in my sweater. Well, I can't find the sweater. I looked everywhere I could possibly think of. I looked in my car twice, even though I knew it wasn't in there and I was starting to panic. I was positive though that I hadn't taken it to Earl's house. So I'm trying to remember where exactly it was. I went through my whole day on Saturday last night in my head. I couldn't sleep thinking about where it could be. So, I'm in bed, thinking, ok, I had the sweater on when we went to the last apartment, when we went to bizarre guitar, when I got home.... Then I remember the next day. I packed a couple of days worth of clothes to go to Earl's house and then I took it to my car and I remembered thinking that it was chilly and that I should take a coat or a sweater...But I couldn't remember whether I had actually taken it with me or not. So, I could hardly sleep last night and so this morning, of course I'm hoping and praying that I don't get pulled over, so I actually went the speed limit! :) I get to my office and my sweater is hanging neatly on the back of my chair....I'm like how the hell did it get here! So then Earl walks in and he's all, you left that at the house. I wanted to give him a big hug I was so happy to see my sweater! And of course, my id was in the pocket. So, I don't have to get a new id now! yay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You're silly!
I know. I'm a dork.
Post a Comment