Ok, so some of you may know that I was helping to teach this guy how to drive. It's this guy who is on the lower end of the financial pool. My boss, Earl, was doing this as a favor for a guy that he knows. So here goes the story(I have changed the names....Just to let you know...):
This guy, who is very well off......Bob is driving down the street one day and sees this guy, Juan with his wife and his kids walking down the street. I guess he's kind of taken aback by the struggle that Juan is having with keeping all of his kids together and stuff so Bob decides to follow the family to their home(they live in crappy Reno) and then when he sees them get home, he goes back to his office and tells his secretary to go find out about this guy. So he sends her to ask if he has a car, and a license and stuff. She comes back and tells him that he doesn't. So, Bob sends her back, and tells her to tell Juan that if he is willing to go through with this, this is what will happen. If Juan learns to drive(he's never driven before in his life), and he gets his license, that Bob, he will pay for him to go to driving school, and he will buy him a new car for him and his family and will pay for the registration and insurance!!! So the guy starts to learn to drive, he was sent the the driving school first, then Bob asked Earl to do it because Earl speaks Spanish, so Earl was teaching him but then he had to go out of town so he asked me to do it. So, he's all, Bob will pay you for doing this. How's $25/hour? I was like.........Are you serious????? So I was getting paid to go out driving with Juan for a couple of hours a day. So two weeks later Juan gets his license, and his new mini-van for him and his family. So although I was getting paid for it, I feel good having been able to help him. The last day that I went out driving with him, he started crying because he was all, now I'm going to be able to take my kids to the park. They won't have to play in the parking lot.
The moral of the story. There are still nice people out there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
People still do that today? Amazing and inspiring. What an awesome boss you have.
Post a Comment