Friday, October 12, 2007

life, or something like it....

No major plans for the weekend. Ok, maybe sleeping. I'm watching the pooches this weekend so I'll be home and at Earl's house a lot. I am going to lunch with my old Friend Galen on Saturday. It's kind of a double date with my quazi-boyfriend Ed and Galen's girlfriend Eva. Ed jokes that I'm his future wife. We'll see.

I should clean this weekend. I really need to shampoo my carpets. They're looking pretty nasty. I hate talking about such things as my need to shampoo the carpet at my house, it feels like I'm an old person.

Last Saturday, Jordan and I watched the movie The Doors. I hadn't seen it before. I think it was pretty good. Very trippy, (a la "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas") but, of course it was supposed to be. Val Kilmer looks way hot in this movie and you get numerous butt shots so if you're a fan of Val, then it's good eye candy. At the end it tells you that Jim Morrison died of heart failure. I've heard different stories of why he died. From a drug overdose to kidney failure, to heart failure. He was only 27. I did not know this. I thought he was older when he died. That's so sad. It's so sad the kind of world we live in though. The Doors have become more popular since he died. It seems like a waste of talent, but, if he hadn't been a train wreck, we never would have had great music like we got from The Doors.

No comments: