Thursday, April 06, 2006

The House Hunting Continues...

I have to admit, I honestly thought that buying a house would be much more fun. And yes, it's fun going and looking at houses, but putting in offers, having them rejected, putting in counter offers etc.....well, it's not as much fun as I thought it would be.

The first house I put an offer in on was perfect for me. No yard, no outdoorsy type work. That works well for me because I'm not green-thumb inclined. I would be happy with a yard that's just gravel and plants that naturally survive in the desert. No upkeep. Sounds lazy, but I can't even keep a plant to save my life indoors. How would I do with a full yard???? Not well. Anyways, that first house was perfect. Didn't get it. Now, this house, put in an offer, came back...too low. bid again, he bitched about $7000. Whatever.

So now, I am looking again. I've already got a list of more houses in my price range. There's one already that I really like. 3 bed, 2 bath, 2 car garage. I am hoping to go and see the inside of it one of these days.

On another topic...tomorrow's Friday! Very cool.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Good luck. Yeah, getting a house causes enoromous stress. Why do they make it painful...?

Christina said...

Any luck? Gene now has these grand plans of getting a townhouse here in Tally-ho. But I am afraid it is too much, but told him if he wants to do this, he needs to do the research, and then I'd help him pay.

But I doubt it'll happen because I mentioned that I don't want too many attachments, otherwise, I might stay here. I think that may have changed his mind.