Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Yay for Krusty!

<---Isn't TJ a cutie??? So I was talking to Krusty on Saturday night. And on one of the few occasions. She stayed up past midnight! She was up until like 3:30 which is what time we got off the phone. 3:30am her time, only 12:30 my time.

So like I was telling people yesterday, I had to have an upper GI done. That thing is so gross! It's like white pepto bismol....Which I hate, and you have to chug it so that they can x-ray you as it goes down your throat. It is sooooooo gross. So, I get to the hospital and I'm already nervous because I don't know exactly what to expect, I mean, I know what they're going to do and I know people who have had it done, but it's still weird, and so they have me put on some of those gown things that open in the back, they gave me two. So that one opened in the back, then one in the front, so then you couldn't see anything. Then, they lay me down on the table. So the first guy takes a couple of x-rays, no problem, then he's telling me that when the doctor comes in, he's going to give me this cup with what he described as crushed up alka seltzers. He's all, you can't stall though, you have to drink it really fast. So the doctor comes in, and he gives me that stuff, he poured it into the water and it fizzed up right away so I had to pretty much do a shot of that. As soon as I drank it I could feel it fizzing up my esophagus, and of course, it's like doing a shot of soda so I immediately had to burp. so they're taking x-rays of me as that's fizzing in my stomach. Then they give me the barium crap. OH MY GOD!!!! So the doctor says, take a big mouthful and don't swallow it until I tell you to, so I do what he tells me to and I just want to spit it out. I mean, it's just gross. Not that it tastes horribly bad, but it doesn't taste good either. It's just an ew factor. So then he has me chug the rest as they're taking x-rays again. Then they give me this other pill to take, they lay me down and have me take some more barium. So by the end of it I felt so full, and I just wanted to puke. It's like that feeling when you eat too much too fast and you just want to puke. So....that was the joy of my morning yesterday. Lovely huh?

No comments: